9600 Great Hills Trail,Suite 150W Austin, Texas 78759
+1 (888) 765-1154
+1 (512) 233‐0919

Disclaimer: This information is intended for general reference. Any conflict between this information and the terms of the plan document will be resolved in favor of the plan document.

LOGMET has partnered with The Boon Group to administer your Service Contract Act (SCA) employee benefits. The Boon Group is a national provider in the delivery of health and welfare programs for government contractors.

Am I eligible to waive the Benefits provided by Logmet?

Participation in the Company’s Fringe Benefit Plan is NOT optional. Company provided H&W Insurance Benefits may be waived by Full-Time and Part-Time Employees with an acceptable Proof of other coverage. After waiving, any remaining company H&W contributions are allocated towards retirement benefits. See #3 Below for additional eligibility requirements.
Back to Index

Does Logmet Provide Cash Equivalent H&W Benefits?

We don’t provide cash equivalent H&W benefits. Logmet permits options in the benefit types at this time, but please note these options are subject to change. In summary, Employee only insurance may be optional (ONLY with successful waiver), elective dependent benefits are always elective/optional, but retirement benefits are never optional.

Back to Index

What types of current medical coverage would make me eligible to waive medical coverage under this plan?

You are eligible to waive benefits if you have active employer-sponsored group major medical coverage such as your spouse’s employer-sponsored group plan, or coverage through Medicaid. Per Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other guidelines, Medicare, and Tricare do not suffice as proof of other coverage for the purposes of waiving this Medical Coverage. A copy of a Blank Waiver Form with additional instructions can be found in the back of your Enrollment Kit provided to you by Logmet.

Back to Index

When will I be able to add or remove dependents or change my elections outside of Open Enrollment or my new hire enrollment period?

You may add or remove dependents if you experience a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) – a personal change in status which may allow you to change your benefit elections mid-year. See below for more information.

Making Changes Outside of Open Enrollment

You can add to or increase your coverage during the plan year only if you have a Qualifying Life Event (QLE). QLEs fall under one of these two categories:

Loss of Other Coverage (LOC): If you previously declined health coverage because you or your dependents were already covered under another health plan and you or your dependents have lost that other coverage, you may be able to enroll yourself and your dependents.

Examples of Loss of Other Coverage (LOC) Qualifying Life Events:

  • Divorce, legal separation or death
  • Termination of employment of a dependent
  • Reduction of a dependent’s hours
  • Termination of your or your dependents’ COBRA rights
  • Loss of employer’s contribution to spouse’s or domestic partner’s coverage
  • Dependent child losing eligibility as a dependent


Family Status Change (FSC): Whether you are currently enrolled or previously declined coverage, you may be able to add or increase coverage when you experience certain FSC events. If you had a recent FSC, go to the list on the right and check the box next to your FSC and supply the date of the FSC.

Examples of Family Status Change (FSC) Qualifying Life Events

  • Divorce, legal separation or death
  • Marriage
  • Birth or adoption of a dependent


You must submit an Enrollment/Change Request, together with documentation, to your employer within 31 days of the LOC / FSC.

The effective date for adding a dependent to your plan as a result of a QLE is the first of the month following the date of the event. In the case of birth or adoption, the effective date is the date of the birth or adoption, the effective date for a dependent removal from your plan is the last day of the month in which the termination event takes place.

Back to Index

Where can I find a list of in-network physicians, medical facilities, and pharmacies?

Full-Time Employees – You may visit http://www.aetna.com/docfind/custom/aahc/  to find providers who are within Aetna’s network.

Part-Time Employees – You may visit http://www.firsthealthlbp.com to find providers who are within First Health’s network.

Back to Index

What happens when my employment ends with Logmet?

When you leave Logmet, your benefits coverage is effective through the end of the following month of termination. If you are a Full-Time employee with medical coverage, then this is providing that you either worked the minimum monthly hours requirement of 120 hours, or you have a sufficient balance in your Individual Premium Reserve to fund a full month of coverage. If you do not have enough IPR funds to satisfy a full month of coverage combined with your hours worked, these leftover funds will be applied to a Paid-Up Life Policy through Transamerica.

Back to Index

Where can I get a detailed description of the benefit plans offered to me by Logmet?

You may request a copy from The Boon Group by contacting their Customer Service team at (866) 337-8417 or (866) 868-4139

Back to Index

Who can I contact if I have further questions about my benefit coverage?

Full-Time Employees – You may contact The Boon Group at (866) 337-8417 for questions about benefits enrollment, eligibility, coverage, ID cards, and claims.

Part-Time Employees – You may contact The Boon Group at (866) 868-4139 for questions about benefits enrollment, eligibility, coverage, ID cards, and claims.

Back to Index

The Boon Group’s Customer Service Team is available Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. – 7p.m. CT & Saturday – Sunday from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.


  • Company contributions to our “bona fide” fringe benefits plan are made on not less than a quarterly basis, as permitted by the regulations (ref 29 CFR 4.175).
  • While we may make contributions more frequently, we are not required to do so. We currently make contributions to our plan on both a monthly and quarterly basis – we are providing H&W fringe benefits in compliance, as required, accordingly.
  • ALL company H&W contributions are independently allocated by our third-party plan sponsors, based on various employee enrollments at any given time. You may contact the Boon Group / Empower respectively, for more information.
  • ERISA only requires that plan sponsors make contributions to the plan by the time the Form 5500 is filed and this includes extensions.

How Can I get money out of the plan?

The IRS requires that you have a “distributable” event to take money from the plan. This is defined as death, disability, termination, or retirement.

Back to Index

Can I get money out of the plan while employed at Logmet?

Participants employed at Logmet have the option of taking a “hardship” distribution. Hardship distributions are defined by the IRS and you must prove you qualify and substantiate the amount you are requesting. Acceptable Hardships are: purchase of a primary residence, prevent eviction from your primary residence, unreimbursed medical expenses, secondary education for yourself or dependent, and home repairs over specific amount. There are more detail in your Summary Plan Description and you can call The Boon Group directly if you have any questions.

Back to Index

The Retirement Customer Service Team can be reached at (800) 368-2666 – Option 2

Do you have a QLE as defined above? Click Here then follow the instructions to submit both the Enrollment Change Request and Waiver Forms.

If you don’t have a QLE, you cannot waive coverage or make any enrollment changes at this time.